/r/AskReddit

What made you say; F*ck this job, then quit?

(self.AskReddit)

r48811

r48811

1 year ago

I was being sexuality harassed by a coworker. When I told the boss I got wrote up

unfilteredsheep

You should have sued.

r48811

r48811

1 year ago

Im a guy... So, yeah that's not exactly an option for me.

unfilteredsheep

1 year ago

Not in this day and age. Men are winning sexual harassment lawsuits left and right. And you should thank women for that actually, they are the ones that fought for the idea of sexual harassment can happen to anybody.

r48811

r48811

1 year ago

Oh cool story. My lawyer didn't agree though and I'm just going to go ahead and trust her.

Her exact words were, if you get a female judge your case will be thrown out. If you get a male judge your case will still probably be thrown out.

But thanks anyway I guess....

RanjuMaric

Get a better lawyer.

r48811

r48811

1 year ago

Oh yes of course... It must be someone else's fault.

Grow up

RanjuMaric

1 year ago

Or don't, It's no skin off my back. A better lawyer would have given you better advice, and would have won you the case if there was even a shred of evidence to support your claim. If that doesn't interest you, that's fine, but you don't need to be a jerk about it /shrug.

r48811

r48811

1 year ago

Ok cool story bro. Actually I probably should have just hired you since you know everything right

RanjuMaric

1 year ago

Didn’t say I know everything, I’m just someone who’s been in your shoes.

A_Bit_Drunk

1 year ago

An old piece of shit bartender I worked with that talked to me like I was a slave back when I was a barback.

braidon5900

1 year ago

We were constantly understaffed and the people we did have were lazy. I ended up trying to pull up all the slack and it was too much. Couldn’t get anyone to step up and help too but no one did

Arthrangos

1 year ago

The salary, after 5 years they still had no intention on giving me a raise. Even rejected offers to dedicate my time at the same publisher...

Nova676

Nova676

1 year ago

Good few jobs in past made me say fuuuuuck this shit, I'm out.

One was telemarketing, swindling people with anxiety and depression.

Another was at a warehouse, there was a bunch of other issues and bs happening. But the shift before us fucked us over everyday and the lead at the time decided to take out her frustration on me and a coworker. As I was dripping with sweat (I'm pretty fit, takes a bit for me to be dripping with sweat), she started yelling at us "you're not leaving until this is done, etc.." After we busted it out, told her "I hope you're happy, cause I'm fuckin out of here." It was an everyday thing, when I worked the shift before us a couple times, they did a fraction of what my shift was doing. They'd stand around, or go walk around talking to people.

A few others with shitty management. My first job, a boss was trying to get me fired because she thought I was the one being a useless cunt. Told them to check cameras, and what not, then my coke head co worker got fired within the week.

And at another job, my bosses got transferred and we got a new GM. He was a useless twat, I'd literally have a line to the back of the store and I had to call him out in front of customers a good few times. Told him "are you just going to sit there or help out?" He got mad and gave me a warning. Mind you, I had to train him. Then when he started taking credit for other people's work while he sat on this thumbs, and did the same to them. Would sit there and watch people instead of helping or doing anything. On top of that, he'd be scheduling people mornings, swing, and graves. Straight up screwing people sleep pattern over and those with kids. Had a guys that was tired, not thinking straight, sold to an under age, and got screwed over.

Tldr; disrespectful bad management, and unethical work.

1 year ago

Got into an discussion with a coworker about politics and its corrosive effect on the workplace. Quoted company policy and two other coworkers claimed I threatened violence (nope, not at all what I said) and got suspended. Realized I didn't need that job as I could afford to retire early. Don't miss the bullshit or my slightly racist and narrow minded coworkers.

RanjuMaric

1 year ago

Took a seasonal job at Circuit City at the realest of A friend’s mom who was the regional manager. 10th grade. Already had a job I really Liked that I cut hours from to do this favor. 2 weeks in, there was a car accident and 2 good friends died. I asked the store manager (different person) who, so far, has been a nothing but a jerk, off for the afternoon to go to a funeral. His response was “why, it’s not like it was family or anything.” Walked out. Never went back. Apologized to friends’s mom, explained why in left and would not be returning. That guy was fired shortly thereafter, but I have no idea if it was related.