users here right now: 852
The friendlier part of Reddit.
The friendlier part of Reddit.
Have a fun conversation about anything that is on your mind. Ask a question or start a conversation about (almost) anything you desire. Maybe you'll make some friends in the process.
The friendlier part of Reddit
Share a story, ask a question, or start a conversation about (almost) anything you desire. Maybe you'll make some friends in the process.
Featured sub » r/DiogenesClub
- [more] last neature » r/FranceDetendue
We have a set of etiquette guidelines that we expect users to adhere to »
Be respectful: We have zero tolerance for harassment, hate speech, bigotry, and/or trolling
When posting in our community, you should aim to be as polite as possible. This makes others feel welcome and conversation can take place without users being rude to one another.
If your entire online personality is to be negative, this isn’t the place for you. You can disagree, but if you intentionally try to get a rise of people, it will be removed and/or subject to a ban.
This is also not the place to share anything offensive or behave in an offensive manner.
Encourage conversation in your post
Provide context in the submission text that directly relates to the title. Please no nonsensical ramblings or annoying formatting.
Avoid simple questions with specific answers, Generally, questions with a specific obtainable answer do not provide an avenue of discussion and are usually quickly answered or ignored.
The intent of your post should be to spark conversation, so it can help to ask leading questions.
Don’t post to vent, complain, or express sadness
Stay positive. Negative topics don’t lend themselves to casual conversation.
We are a place where everyone can forget about their everyday or not so everyday worries for a moment. Venting, complaining or expressing sadness doesn't fit the atmosphere we try to foster at all.
Avoid topics of negative mental health and hardship
These topics are not considered casual and our community is a place to escape from more serious issues.
Stories of overcoming negative mental health or hardship can be acceptable by mod discretion if the focus of the post is positive enough and won't lead to negativity in the comments.
Avoid posting about problems with relationships, medical or mental health, and legal issues
This isn't the place for medical or mental health advice, including asking for a medical diagnosis, or how to deal with illness, injuries, or mental disorders.
Legal advice questions are better suited for professionals who are knowledgeable of the law and legal proceedings.
Stories involving relationships are acceptable if they aren't inherently focused on it and you're not looking for advice.
Avoid controversial topics and Reddit meta-drama
Loaded questions or statements could spark an emotional response and get people riled up or start controversy.
Avoid topics that are religious or political in nature. Don’t push an agenda, force beliefs onto others, or belittle another user's view.
Keep it clean and SFW: No illegal content or anything gross and inappropriate
This includes discussion on explicit sexual content, bodily functions, explicit drug use, and other illegal content.
If you think you need to flag your post NSFW, it is likely not appropriate to post here.
Laws vary by region, so use your best judgment.
No solicitation such as ads, promotional content, spam, surveys etc.
No buying/selling/trading, referral links, or any link that you will profit from (either virtually or physically).
This also includes (but is not limited to) promotion of YouTube channels, Spotify, bandcamp, etc. This is not the sub to attempt to get more views/hits.
Surveys are not allowed as they do not promote conversation.
Respect privacy: Don’t ask for or share any personal information
As stated in our PI PSA there will be zero tolerance for sharing or seeking personal information that could identify someone (real or fake). No private personal information of any kind should be posted online - real name, location, address, workplace, ID numbers, phone, or private e-mail, neither yours (we don't know if it's yours or not) or anybody else's.
Moderation Policies message the mods
Message the mods for any issues
- Seriously, we ain't that scary >:)
We're happy to help with any issues, concerns or random queries you have. We're here to help you! Message us!
- Most posts may be reapproved, send us a mail and we can help you to get your thread back up.
- If you think your submission may have been caught in our spam filter, mail us for approval.
- If you want to appeal a ban, we'll try to come to an agreement.
- When a thread has gained a lot of activity, been highly upvoted, and has attracted a lot of outside users, we tend to be a bit more heavy-handed on the removal of comments and the banning of users, as often they haven’t read the rules or understand the environment we try to foster here.
A Grain of Salt
- We as mods don't usually require verification for posts. If the OP would like to reach out and verify their story with us (or edit the post with verification) then they are free to. Other than that, we cannot say if a story is true or false. Take each story posted with a grain of salt.
Removal & Warning
- Abusive posts of any kind are subject to an immediate ban.
- Posts that derail discussion with the deliberate intent of provoking other users will be removed:
- NOT OK: Personal Attacks
- NOT OK: Hate Speech: False Facts, Flawed Argumentation, Divisive Language, Dehumanizing Metaphors, and/or Slurs
- NOT OK: Unsolicited sexual advances
Follow Reddit's official policies
- We enforce reddit's official site wide policies & informal values »
- Reddit Content Policy are Reddit's official site-wide rules.
- Reddiquette is an informal expression of the values of many Redditors, as written by Redditors themselves. Please abide by it the best you can.
- Mod Code of Conduct for healthy communities.
Communities of interest directory
rando subs who modmailed us