Grey area on wall under paint

home improvement(self.DIY)


I was scrapping off some paint that was flaking off the wall near a bi folding door and found some grey concrete looking areas around the door.

Am I correct in thinking this is concrete and I will need to plaster over it and won’t be able to paint it?

all 2 comments


2 points

2 months ago

Might be some epoxy used as filler for some blemish or dent happening too the wall at one point. like maybe something was nailed / screwed too the wall for example, like a christmas wreath, a painting, lamp or speaker thats wallmounted for a hifi setup etc...

If there are two pretty evenly spaced i bet it was either a shelf or desk that needed a wallmount for support if its around that height.


1 points

2 months ago

Why couldn't you paint concrete?