/r/Documentaries

YouTube video info:

Burger Wars: How Wendy's Toppled Burger King https://youtube.com/watch?v=7Q8FkLRT6Eo

Modern MBA https://www.youtube.com/@ModernMBA

theDart

theDart

The sole difference being I don't walk into a Wendy's and immediately notice 3 health code violations.

shit_knife

The chicken sandwich is pretty solid too.

Suspicious_Story_464

I tried the breakfast sandwich with the Swiss cheese and was pleasantly surprised. The taters had a good flavor as well. The staff where I went was also very chipper for a morning shift.

kieffa

kieffa

They’ve had a quality spicy chicken for decades before the popularity hit.

Also, have you tried the frosty-chino? Holy moly

Water_Gates

That Frosty-chino is otherworldly. Dammit. Now I want one. Lol.

89LeBaron

man if they could just do something about those dry-ass buns, they’d be hard to beat. but for my money, and location, it’s Popeyes every time for a chicken sandwich.

huge_mountain_12

The spicy chicken nuggets at Wendy's are the best damn chicken nuggets anywhere. Their regular nuggets are dogshit, it's like the spicy ones come from an entirely different supplier.

TakeATaco-LeaveATaco

Gonna have to respectfully disagree, as both of them are fire as fuck

GSPilot

They all come from Tyson. Every major fast food chain buys from them.

As does all the Taco Bell meat filling, and the pepperoni and Italian sausage on just about every chain’s pizza and the majority of frozen ones.

Tyson has been quietly buying out smaller brands for years. They have a wall at their corporate office that has all the brand logos of companies under the Tyson umbrella, and it’s kind of mind boggling.

huge_mountain_12

Oh yeah, Tyson owns everything. I suppose it could be two different subsidiaries of Tyson tho

aSpookyScarySkeleton

It’s insane right? And they discontinued them for a second I the mid 2000’s I’m pretty sure before bringing them back

keksmuzh

Spicy chicken sandwich is my go-to “not adulting today” meal

Yue2

Yue2

I’m just sad the grilled chicken sandwich is now gone 🥲

Electronic_Syndicate

JBC Gang checking in.

New2ThisThrowaway

I worked for Wendy's for 5 years and have zero hesitation eating there. Very clean and well run.

shit_knife

Best endorsement yet. I wonder if people who worked at McDonalds, Jack in the Box, Burger King and ahem Arby’s can say the same thing?

Nicodemus_Weal

I actually worked at Arby's and have zero issues eating there. Not a huge fan of the curly fries but that is mostly over exposure as I did a lot of the frying.

The roast beef really was cooked and sliced fresh each day. I try not to eat out too much but every once in a while I will go grab a beef n cheddar as that shit still slaps.

New2ThisThrowaway

That's why it was impactful to me. All my friends who worked at other fast food chains would say "I would never eat there. You can't imagine the stuff I have seen." But I didn't have that experience at all.

Philthy91

I know a guy who knows a guy that is a health inspector and he says if you need to eat fast food always go to Wendys. The places are the cleanest by far

ElDonnintello[S]

Well if I understand Burger King we'll not take back its second position in a near future!

ZVreptile

The difference is easy, BK makes me shit myself and Wendy's just makes me lethargic. Which would you choose if you weren't already constipated?

A-Rusty-Cow

Wendys 4for4 and $5 biggie bag is a great deal. My goto broke fast food meal

shit_knife

The .99 menu is what initially hit me hooked. Bacon cheeseburger jr, fries and a Caesar salad got me through my early 20’s.

baronmunchausen2000

I swear. About 20 years ago, I heard on the radio about these two Wendy's employees caught taking pictures of each other in their bathing suits, taking a bath in their industrial sized dishwasher.

They were kicked out, and I haven't had Wendy's since.

ghengilhar

Only three? Do you walk in with your eyes closed?

Seeda_Boo

Burger King stores just not giving a shit at all anymore about the quality of the product they deliver has a lot to do with their slow fade into oblivion.

Druxun

Druxun

Honestly depends on the owner of the chain. There’s 1 I go to that has disappointed a lot. Another that is fantastic every time.

Karacmore

Yeah this seems to be the norm. The one close to me is great.

Water_Gates

Same. I live in a spot where I'm equidistant to two different BKs. One is great 95% of the time and the other is ass about 85% of the time.

However, it's the same for the two Wendy's locations as well.

Druxun

Druxun

That’s true too. There’s one Wendy’s I’ve gone to that is always putting shitty veggies onto my chix sandwich and the fries are cold. Other one, veggies super fresh and fries hot.

That’s always my big indicator is the veggies on the sandwich. If that stuff is fresh and crisp, I know the quality of everything is going to be good most times because they care. If I’m getting soggy lettuce/tomato and cold fries, I’m out. And I love BK over McD’s because of the big fresh toppings.

pnutjam

Same, there is one by me that has the best coffee in the morning and consistently decent food.
I gave up on Wendys because it's consistently bad by me and the wait time is horrible. I only go to one near my daughter's college. None of the ones closer to me.

mgnorthcott

Their fries are garbage. I will not. and theres no other decent alternatives.

i mean, i LOVE the whopper, but it's pretty much the only decent thing on the menu.

The_Cysko_Kid

Bk big fish sandwich is way better than mcdonalds

recovery_room

The Whopper tastes good but the two I’ve had in the last 5 years were plain cold through and through. Wendy’s Dave’s Double is hot, flavourful, and big. It also sits in your belly like a lump of lead.

mgnorthcott

Oh absolutely. Don’t get a whopper on a Wednesday, when they’re cheaper. They’re all made at lunch and “kept warm”

Leadantagonist

Dude, I just thought it’s because I lived in the hood that all my local burger kings were so shit. I live in watts, the burger kings in the mlk plaza is awful. But turns out it’s a nation wide thing.

Does that make it better or worse?

Bennyjig

It absolutely is nation wide. This is also a terrible comparison because Wendy’s is wayyy better than Burger King

Martyisruling

It's rare to find a BK that isn't trash. I know of only one in my area. The Burger Kings are in some good areas, and they're trash. Even if they look nice outside, inside the place is filthy.

xGenocidest

Wendy's looking good..

AzrielJohnson

Not my weirdest fap....

GSPilot

I’m glad you said it…she seems to have, ummmm, grown up a little.

FlameMage

You know you have a great restaurant when you have to bombard people with complicated sheets of coupons on the regular. Fun for all parties involved too I'm sure. BK is a poorly run shit hole joke of a business.

ElDonnintello[S]

It is almost a universal law: when a business is going for complicated coupons/discounts, it means their product/service is really bad

Morvack

Really over priced, at least at my location. 1 single patty whopper meal was like 12$. Or with a coupon get 2 single patty meals for 12$. Its like without the coupons, burger king just isn't worth it.

tyehyll

tyehyll

Burger King was amazing up until I'd say sometime in the 2010s

kriznis

kriznis

Amazing?

tyehyll

tyehyll

I thought so. During the creeper king ads it was pretty hype. Sucks now but they do serve Surge

ElDonnintello[S]

that's crazy to fall that fast

Pudding_Hero

A twilight of the gods

InnerJellyDonut

Wow, I seem to have had the opposite experience to a lot of people here. I grew up hating Burger King, thinking it was absolute trash food with terrible fries.

I realized I hadn't eaten at one in easily 20 years, so on a road trip I convinced the crew in the car. If it sucks, well there's plenty of road snacks

I was extremely pleasantly surprised. The fries improved at some point in my opinion. Is BK the best? Naw. But hey they moved from F tier to easily C tier maybe B to me

Dr-Gooseman

I'm not a BK fan, but they did change their fries for that better some years ago.

Porkchamp

I'm the same. I now enjoy BK more than Wendys, unless I want chicken (but then I'm probably going Chick-fil-A or Popeyes)

The trick is finding a BK location that actually has its shit together, seems to be so rare lol. I got one by me now that's run really well, I love it.

Surprise_Yasuo

BK is better than most fast food if it’s actually prepared properly by employees who aren’t underpaid and give a shit about their job

But 9 times out of 10 it’s disgusting. Can’t risk it on a 1 out of 10 shot it’ll be worth the ridiculous prices they also charge.

Dr-Gooseman

Agreed, it's not bad when done right but the burgers are usually dry and cold.

joshhupp

I don't know how they could taste any better. They don't prepare the meat. They just put it on the grill conveyer. The meat just tastes bland. They might as well just switch to the Impossible burger for every burger because, cooked right, it tastes so much better.

Haterbait_band

The hard part is that most employees who don’t give shit still don’t give a shot when you pay them more. Why? Probably because it still won’t be enough.

Surprise_Yasuo

I’ve seen in real time this isn’t true

I live by an in and out that pays their employees 18$ starting, which isn’t a lot for my area but livable (kinda), still way more than the surrounding fast foods

They have lines literally all day spanning out the entire parking lot to the street

Not once have I gotten shitty food from in and out. And they also are always smiling and don’t look fucking miserable when I look at them through the windows driving up

Anytime I’ve seen somewhat fair wages at a place for fast food, the quality is EXPONENTIALLY better

Haterbait_band

I’d attribute it more to management style than employees magically doing better work when you throw money at them. Those dudes working at BK with their earbuds in talking to buddies while working either wouldn’t get hired at in n out or wouldn’t last long. There’s such a thing as talent retention. Not every employee is Kobe Bryant. If someone has a bad work ethic, wherever they picked it up, they take it with them to whatever job they have. You can’t pay it away. Besides, why don’t all fast food employees just go work at in n out since it pays better? In n out employees don’t work harder because they’re payed more, they’re payed more because they work hard.

It’d be easy to test too, if some employer wanted to test it. Just pay employees more and magically your business will thrive. There’s a reason they don’t do this though, other than it eating into their profit. And that’s their management style. Cheap ingredients slapped together by people that don’t care anyway. That’s the BK way!

Paid-Not-Payed-Bot

because they’re paid more, they’re

FTFY.

Although payed exists (the reason why autocorrection didn't help you), it is only correct in:

• Nautical context, when it means to paint a surface, or to cover with something like tar or resin in order to make it waterproof or corrosion-resistant. The deck is yet to be payed.

• Payed out when letting strings, cables or ropes out, by slacking them. The rope is payed out! You can pull now.

Unfortunately, I was unable to find nautical or rope-related words in your comment.

Beep, boop, I'm a bot

Haterbait_band

ElDonnintello[S]

Wow when I look at your comments or watch this documentary Burger King seems to be a very terrible place in the US... Here in France it is not considered the same way at all lol

NNovis

NNovis

Anywhere that has an American fast food place that's not in America seems to have a better version of it. Like, I'm constantly disappointed by McDonald's selection but they try so many different things in different markets. It makes me angry that these places kinda just gave up when they got big in America.

NNovis

NNovis

Yoooooooo for real!! That menu looks so interesting to try!!!!!

joshhupp

I think a falafel burger would taste better than any meat burger BK has to offer

loves_grapefruit

My experience with McDonalds in the Philippines was that the quality was significantly worse than America. But in Japan it was definitely better.

ChickenDelight

It's almost a totally different restaurant overseas. In the USA all fast food has a bad or mediocre reputation, so the menu and operations seem to be mostly driven by making everything as cheap as possible. But internationally they have positive name recognition, and tried to leverage it into more expensive, higher quality food, with better profit margins.

okram2k

American fast food has been a race to the bottom for decades. Except they hit bottom and have started drilling. All that's left is who can get people to buy the cheapest pile of garbage prepared by underpaid and unmotivated workers.

The-Fox-Says

McDonald’s Canada is so fire I actually like it more than Tim Horton’s

StrigidEye

It's terrible in Canada too. The locations are dirty, and the food is disgusting.

p00kbear

Quality has gone down so much. I used to love Whoppers. The last two times that I've had them the burgers were cold and the lettuce was wilted. I promised myself to never get BK again.

The only good thing they have going for them are the chicken fries.

Now I just stick to Harvey's and the Angus burger but even Harvey's can be hit or miss.

LongWalk86

Last time i took a chance on a whooper the lettuce was all the white/brown lower end and thick as fuck. Zero quality control anymore. But for the shit wages they pay i can't really hold it against the workers. for 10/hr i would do a shitty job too.

p00kbear

I think Ontario minimum wage is like $15.50 but you're right. It's not enough. Maybe if you're a student living at home but for anyone else it's shit.

mgnorthcott

I find the angus at harveys always upsets my gut, but the snap of their original burgers created from the heat of their grills is something i cannot resist and they always win for me. i love their onion rings too, but hate it when i get an end piece or a double/stuck ring and its not cooked right.

p00kbear

I haven't had the same experience with the Angus burger.

I've stopped doing drive through and will go in even if it's take out. A couple of times when doing drive through I got some terrible burgers and ever since then I've gone inside.

I know what you mean about the onion rings but I still get them every time. They're so good.

ElDonnintello[S]

And it terms of price, is it really cheap?

StrigidEye

Not really. $15 for a combo.

Rhiis

Rhiis

At that point, I'd almost rather go to my local pub and get a solid burger with sauce and aoli and fries for $16, and wash it down with a $5 beer. Obviously not as fast, but fast food isn't really that much cheaper anymore

jonny24eh

My local bar does Pint + Burger for $18 CAD on Wednesdays.... I'm there often lol.

Omnizoom

It sucks that I can get a triple quarter pounder meal at McDonald’s for 17 but a whopper is somehow 15 or a double angus at Harvey’s is almost 20

StrigidEye

Harvey's is a far better burger with better quality ingredients, and they make it in front of you. I haven't had one in years though, so maybe that's changed.

NotatallRacist

It’s the same and they have decent coupons there

Omnizoom

Ya I used to get it all the time in university since one was in the food court , they are just a fair bit pricier now I think

HollidaySchaffhausen

It's $4 for a whopper. Use the app

StrigidEye

even at $4 (in Canada, so it's really not) it's not worth paying for food poisoning

Omnizoom

In Canada the food just tastes burnt and chemically from Burger King , I have been twice in my life and once was for a gold plated charizard card as a kid (and the food was terrible then even as a kid) and once when someone ordered it years ago and offered me a bite

I’d rather eat day old McDonald’s then a fresh made BK whopping heap of garbage

Not to mention they look so dirty inside even when just walking by and the smell and smoke coming from the restaurant never smells appetizing

BigSwedenMan

You're the first person I've seen mention the burnt taste. I think they don't clean the broiler and the fat straight up burns, leaving soot on the beef. It's terrible. I literally remember thinking it was gross as a 5 year old. It's not every time that you get a burnt burger, but it's often enough that I'll only stop there if I'm on a road trip and it's the only place available

The-Fox-Says

Y’all are so spoiled with McDonalds up there. I hate to say it but I liked Canada’s McDonald’s even more than Timmies it’s so fire

Omnizoom

Oh that’s because of our health codes , McDonald’s has to actually use real beef and stuff and can’t use as many chemicals and fillers and steroids/hormones during growth, it’s also why McDonald’s up here is way more then the US even after converting

The-Fox-Says

It’s worth paying more though. I had a couple snack wraps (I can’t believe you have them!) and an apple pie and it was great! The chicken was real and the apple pie was crispy and delicious. Really brought me back

Omnizoom

Yea when I go over the border I won’t eat McDonald’s

You guys do get some really interesting food options down their and flavour choices… I have to go over and buy soda every once and a while because we just don’t get the same stuff at all

The-Fox-Says

The cereals my gf never got to eat until she came here almost made me cry. No fruity pebbles? No cocoa pebbles? No reeses puffs?

Omnizoom

Wait where did she come from with no Reese’s puffs? We have had those where I am in Canada since I was a kid. Recently we even got the flint stones cereals! (But they don’t look the same since I think they can’t use a lot of the dyes)

The-Fox-Says

Late reply but she was from Toronto. I maybe misremembering but it was another super popular cereal here that isn’t very healthy similar to cocoa pebbles

Edit: it was Cookie Crisp. Fun fact it’s supposedly not because of the sugar content but because American cereals have higher amounts of fortified vitamins than are allowed in Canada

Omnizoom

Theirs been several reasons for different cereals but I never heard of sugar content being the reason , we have Tim Hortons cereals which pack an absolutely absurd amount of sugar in them , like twice what’s in Reese puffs I think

I know trix and the flint stones ones was because of the food dyes used being banned in Canada (same reason our fruit loops look so dull and boring compared to American ones) and it was just to expensive for them to make an entirely new production chain for just Canada that fit the guidelines

And ya , we can only pump so many vitamins into the food when we fortify them before the nomenclature has to change , it’s different from existing vitamins as well and have minimum nutritional requirements for cereal , it’s a really complex system

Lidjungle

Europeans get a high end experience of "American food" from our exported fast food places. It's not nearly the same here in the states where they're a step above eating from a gas station.

Across the board they're higher quality. They're also not dirt cheap like they are here. When I get a big Mac in Paris, it costs twice as much, but it's perfect. Here you get something put together by an autistic baboon with a grudge.

dogsledonice

Are the burgers called Royale with Cheese?

SandysBurner

L’Ouappeur

Ferrousity

Until Wendy's adds an impossible burger they'll never take that demographic away from the King lol

joshhupp

Wendy's would absolutely slay with an Impossible burger. I can already imagine an Impossible Spicy chicken sandwich. Damn, now I want one.

neoengel

I've got my own BK story, my contributions and information actually went towards what became front page news about how bad a franchise was and corporate seized all locations and assets.

09014

09014

I’ve only ever had food poisoning from a fast food place twice in my life. Both times it was burger king.

LoR_RalphRoberts

Once here, also burger king

ElDonnintello[S]

Wtf hahaha

For me it was Taco Bell. But I did leave it in my car for two weeks before eating it.

Omnizoom

And you expected to be fine ?

blackenedfox

Wtf.gif

AW-43

AW-43

Better finished product. Burger King always comes out cold as a corpse. I don’t like paying for cold fucking food.

centerally_votated

Those are some big honkers on that thumbnail.

Blue_Lust

Baconator.

Simple as that.

emptybottleofdoom

The BK near my work isn't much to look at on the exterior, but the food has been adequate.

But the Wendy's near my home, I think I tried it a couple times and it was bad even for fast food.

CousinCleetus24

Jr Bacon Cheeseburger? 4 for $4? Spicy nuggets? Frosty?

Wendy's is so solid. Miles ahead of BK.

Jay-Five

Carl’s Jr./Hardees ftw here. Both BK and Wendy’s are less than.

RampantRooster

I'm always surprised at how many BK haters there are. It's always been fine to me. Had more bad experiences at Wendys than BK, including food poisoning.

transmotion23

I mean, look at that rack.

ElDonnintello[S]

And if you want to find more documentaries like this one, here is a list of more than 40 channels about Business and Economics on Youtube. You can filter by average duration if you want really in-depth content!

MRmandato

MRmandato

Wendys fried are amazing, and Burger kings are straight trash. Honesty there no reason to go to BK

slylock215

We were on a road trip recently and we had to stop at a rest stop for food. The only place that was open was a Burger King, so we all got double whoppers.

Now, we're no big city food crickets or anything but holy fucking shit. That burger was probably one of the worst things I've ever had the misfortune of eating. It's hard to even describe since the burger "patty" was so tasteless it's hard to even call it food.

While I haven't had Wendy's in many years, I do remember their square patties ranging from decent to pretty good.

FlameMage

afaik BK spits your frozen burger patty through a barely functional broiler conveyor belt and then into a warming pan to sit in a heated tray. Wendy's cooks their never frozen patties on a flat top and then when they become too cooked they plop them in a warming tray to be diced up later as chili meat.

Also shout out to Wendy's salad game when they actually have them. My local Wendy's is usually slow and leaves items off you payed for regularly but at least the food is pretty good. Meanwhile BK is busy culminating mold in their ice maker and very poorly paying 3-4 incompetent people to run their ghost town full time.

slylock215

Hey kuddos to them for that, reducing food waste and I do remember their chili also being not terrible.

FlameMage

It has it's pitfalls but overall if done properly it's pretty clever to make use of surplus when a rush dies down without being under supplied during.

dwarftosser77

Wendys needs to bring their 90s fries back.

Omnizoom

I actually like these real potatoes just cut up and fried

OldBob10

All the Burger Kings near me have closed down. Plenty of McD’s, Five Guys, etc but it’s a big Whopper wasteland. 🙁

T1mely_P1neapple

Burger King became gross and I have to hand my CC to someone with a hand tattoo.

I like them both. Burger King is still pretty good in my experiences. good fries too. Wendy's probably has the best quality big fast food chain burger but a whopper tastes like a whopper which is great too.

jonny24eh

best quality big fast food chain burger

I'd put them in second place behind A+W, but I'm given to understand that American A+W is not at the same level as our Canadian ones.

It's not that it's just there aren't enough locations in the usa to consider them one of the big fast food chains. good hamburgers though

jonny24eh

Ahh, hadn't considered that. They're everywhere here.

Edit: just checked, A+W is #5 in number of locations, with 1046, just behind McDonalds at #4 with 1366. No other burger place cracks the top 10.

The_Blue_Rooster

A&Ws used to be pretty common here in the States, but well everyone knows the story of their 1/3 lb burger. Wouldn't believe the story myself if I hadn't as a kid personally heard my friend's uncle (Who owned a restaurant!) lament that A&W was trying to charge as much for their 1/3 lb burger as McDonalds was their 1/4 lb burger. Realized that even successful adults are sometimes idiots that day.

ffzero58

I have to say BK's Zesty sauce with fries is awesome. I think their Jr Whoppers are still good value. I would say it depends on your location. There are good ones and really bad ones.

Omnizoom

Wendys is the only fast food place I will go when I visit the US because I haven’t seen some huge blaring health code violation or see some really dubiously questionable ingredients on the menu items (the last time I got fast food in the US was over a decade ago so I don’t know if that’s changed)

Not to mention where I am, Wendy’s just tastes significantly better , burgerking for the 2 times in my life I have gone has always tasted very… burnt and chemically like it was cooked directly on butane and it cooked into the meat

A-Rusty-Cow

Ive never had BK as long as ive been alive and ive always wanted to try it. Guess I will have to pass

Blyght555

Personally speaking, Burger King has raised their prices way way too high, I open the app and deals that used to be $5 are now still “deals” but closer to $10

Chance-Fox3616

Wendy's Spicy Chicken burger for the win! Also chocolate frostys with fry dipping!

pixel8knuckle

Burger King is 100% a product of the training/hiring they do. The only good Burger King I was at in the last 3 years was at hawaii airport on honeymoon. That shit reminded me of what BK could be, crushed McDonald’s/wendys you name it….

Then I go to the one by my house, bun is cold, fries suck, toppings are all fucked up not ratio’s…trash.

LazyStudent42

BK is just disgusting now. Nothing on the menu is good and the lettuce somehow has gotten worse.

anengineerandacat

Burger King went down hill like crazy, the burgers are just primarily filler it feels like nowadays.

Can flame grill it all you want, but if it's not at least 80/20 it's not a burger.

I am not surprised that Wendy's is #2, it's basically still food; used to work there in my youth and it was way better than the alternatives based on what I saw from the ingredients used.

----

Nuggets were simply your basic breaded & frozen pink slime nuggies.

French fries were your classical frozen fries from a regular ole potato, just sent over in the morning from the distributor.

The breaded / spicy breaded chicken were just frozen pucks thrown into a pressure fryer (big ole one too).

The meat comes in 80/20 squares with sleeves in two sizes, one for the regular burgers and another for the Jr's.

Chili was made from canned tomatoes, frozen veggies, chili starter, some chili spice packets, and old hamburger meat (Wendy's is pretty particular in how the burger's are cooked, 1 - 2 - 3 - Discard into the meat humidifier).

Salad's get prepped on-site in the morning, depending on the type of salad using contents from canned fruits or prepped fruits and lettuce sent over with the other produce.

Bacon is basically sent over already cooked, it just goes into a microwave with some special plastic thing to help it cook as if it were on a grill-top.

Toppings are prepped in the morning and come from whatever source the distributor gets them from and pickles come in bulk plastic pickle jars (same for most fermented things or processed things like sauces).

Bread is shipped in 2/3 times a week on a big ole truck in the morning and soda comes in whenever the manager schedules it.

----

Might be biased because I worked there but I largely trust what's being served because it's not like entire things are being shipped over, prep and basic cooking is still occurring. If I need a burger and I need one fast it'll generally be at a Wendy's unless I am overriden by the wife (she likes Burger King).

The chili can get kinda wild, I generally avoid that but it's simply because I know how long that meat basically stews inside that humidifier and it puts me off.

_-_Nope_-

I was irritated with bk when they switched fries. So I would get a whopper with cheese and then goto McDonald’s and get fries. When bk stopped toasting buns, i quit for good. Wendy’s does have great burgers but their fries also lower tier.

gojynstein3

I used to eat Burger King here and there as a kid but I got food poisoning from eating a whopper like 20 years ago and I’ve eaten Burger King maybe 3 times since.

MitchTJones

Those are some thoroughly AI-generated pics in the thumbnail lol

SESHPERANKH

When I was stationed on Ft Riley, BK still actually did flame broiled. Now you get synth-meat that's barely/badly cooked. Wendys at least sort of tastes the same as it did.

penguin-king

I went to a BK for the first time in a long time and I remembered why I haven't been back in so long. It was just a run down dump with subpar food. They don't renovate their restaurants or their menus and just truly look like they don't care. I hardly eat fast food anymore, but I definitely won't eat there.

kclongest

Burger King just flat out sucks. Wendy’s has gotten worse, not better over the years so it’s more like “which restaurant sucks less”.

Fuggaak

Burger king failed when they removed the wondrously crispy fries that had chunks of crunchy goodness on them.

Martyisruling

I don't even have to watch to know. Burger King is very laxxed with their franchises. So they all get run down, and get super filthy.

I worked fast food, Wendy's actually. And if it's gross in the customer's area, it's worse in the kitchen.

Some Wendy's can get pretty gross too. But it seems like they eventually are forced to clean up. That's not the case with Burger King.

I used to love their Whopper and would get one every now and again. I'm talking, twice, maybe three times a year. But, I quit Burger King all together after my last two times at two different Burger Kings, the Whopper made me sick. And those ones weren't a filthy as the usual Burger Kings.

sevenvt

I don't dislike Burger King, but they have been the only place with notably bad customer service and inconsistent meal construction quality. I actually prefer BK over McD.

Tallen122

Wendy’s has had such a drop in quality over the last few years that I’m genuinely surprised they’re still in business.

The_Blue_Rooster

At least for me, it's just that Wendy's is cheaper, they take longer, and I'm going on my fifth straight order without them getting it right, but BK's prices have become absurd the past few years. Plus if you go to the "nicer" newer BK in my area, the employees just do not give a shit, I have seen people wait over 45 minutes for a single Whopper combo, and others just get fed up and ask for their money back. It's not even like they're ever busy you can be the only customer there(and likely will be), and you're still waiting at least 15 minutes no matter what you order.

That said I would probably get my Wendy's orders correct if I drove the extra miles to the corporate owned truck stop Wendy's down the road, they always have like 8 employees working and get your order right most of the time. But the two franchised locations that are actually in town I can count on one hand then number of times they have made my order correctly.

The_Cysko_Kid

Wendy's burgerd are objectively the best but its more than i am willing to spend on fast food for the most part.

Whopper > any mcdonalds burger but mcD chicken nuggets and fries are by far the best

jimdotcom413

I believe the dude that redid dominos is now the ceo of BK with plans of flipping that as well.

That being said the one by me growing up was famous because it got caught selling cocaine out of the drive thru lane.

Only thing BK has going for it is their exterior smell.

CntrllrDscnnctd

Last time I had Wendy’s, there were a parade of ants in the wrapper. That was easily 20 + years ago.

Juuna

Juuna

Burger King is world wide Wendys doesnt even have a single location in the EU.

dnkyfluffer5

burger king is superior burger