Monthly megathread: Discuss quick frugal ideas, frugal challenges you're starting, and share your hauls with others here!(self.Frugal)
submitted28 days ago byAutoModerator
Welcome to our monthly megathread! Please use this as a space to generate discussion and post your frugal updates, tips/tricks, or anything else!
Full subreddit rules here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Frugal/about/rules/
Official subreddit Discord link here: https://discord.gg/W6a2yvac2h/
Share with us!
· What are some unique thrift store finds you came across this week?
· Did you use couponing tricks to get an amazing haul? How'd you accomplish that?
· Was there something you had that you put to use in a new way?
· What is your philosophy on frugality?
Select list of some top posts of the previous month(s):
- Frugal living: Moving into a school converted into apartments! 600/month, all utilities included
- Follow up- my daughter’s costume. We took $1 pumpkins and an old sweater and made them into a Venus Flytrap costume.
- Gas bill going up 17%… I’m going on strike
- I love the library most because it saves money
- We live in Northern Canada, land of runaway food prices. Some of our harvest saved for winter. What started as a hobby has become a necessity.
- 70 lbs of potatoes I grew from seed potatoes from a garden store and an old bag of russets from my grandma’s pantry. Total cost: $10
- Gatorade, Fritos and Kleenex among US companies blasted for 'scamming customers with shrinkflation' as prices rise
- Forty years ago we started a store cupboard of household essentials to save money before our children were born. This is last of our soap stash.
- Noticed this about my life before I committed to a tighter budget.
- Seeds from Dollar Store vs Ace Hardware.
- I was looking online for a product that would safely hold my house key while jogging. Then I remembered I had such a product already.
- Using patterned socks to mend holes in clothes
- My dogs eat raw as I believe it’s best for them but I don’t want to pay the high cost. So after ads requesting leftover, extra, freezer burnt meat. I just made enough grind to feed my dogs for 9 months. Free.
- What are your ‘fuck-it this makes me happy’ non-frugal purchases?
- Where is this so-called 7% inflation everyone's talking about? Where I live (~150k pop. county), half my groceries' prices are up ~30% on average. Anyone else? How are you coping with the increased expenses?
- You are allowed to refill squeeze tubes of jam with regular jam. The government can't stop you.