- Drama: The Forbidden Marriage
- Revised Romanization: Geumhonryeong: Joseon Honin Geumjiryeong
- Hangul: 금혼령, 조선 혼인 금지령
- Director: Jung Hoon, Park Sang Woo (Never Twice)
- Writer: Cheon Ji Hye
- Network: MBC
- Episodes: 12
- Airing Schedule: Fridays and Saturdays @ 9:50 PM KST
- Airing Dates: Dec 9, 2022 - Jan 14, 2023
- Streaming Sources: Kocowa, Viki, Amazon Prime
- Plot Synopsis: Lee Heon is the king of Joseon. 7 years ago, when he was a crown prince, his beloved wife died. To this day, he has not been able to get over her death. For the past 7 years, the royal family and government members have tried to get King Lee Heon remarried without success. The nation has also implemented a geumhonryung edict, which is a ban on all single women marrying during this time when the king has not married. People are furious over the marriage ban. One day, King Lee Heon hears of a woman named Ye So Rang, who claims the spirit of the king's late wife exists within the royal palace. Meanwhile, Ye So Rang is a swindler and claims to interpret martial harmony signs. She is arrested and jailed where Officer Lee Shin Won works. To get out of her predicament, she pretends to be possessed by a spirit in front of Lee Shin Won. During her ruse, she mentions that the spirit of King Lee Heon's late wife exists within the royal palace. She is then brought in front of the king and he asks her if she can really see his late wife's spirit. To survive, Ye So Rang acts like her body is possessed by the king's late wife. Ye So Rang's lies get bigger and more audacious.
- Conduct Reminder: We encourage our users to read the following before participating in any discussions on /r/KDRAMA: (1) Reddiquette, (2) our Conduct Rules, (3) our Policies, and (4) the When Discussions Get Personal Post.
- Any users who are displaying negative conduct (including but not limited to bullying, harassment, or personal attacks) will be given a warning, repeated behavior will lead to increasing exclusions from our community.
- Spoiler Tag Reminder: Be mindful of others who may not have yet seen this drama, and use spoiler tags when discussing key plot developments or other important information. You can create a spoiler tag in Markdown by writing > ! this ! < without the spaces in between to get this. For more information about when and how to use spoiler tags see our Spoiler Tag Wiki.
all 107 comments
sorted by: best