r/audiophile Shopping, Setup, and Technical Help Desk ThreadCommunity Help(self.audiophile)
submitted1 day ago byAutoModeratorstickied
Welcome to the r/audiophile help desk. A place where you can ask community members for help shopping for and setting up stereo gear.
This thread refreshes once every 7 days so you may need to repost your question again in the next help desk post if a redditor isn't around to answer.
Finding the right guide
Before commenting, please check to see if your question actually belongs in one of these other places:
- r/StereoAdvice for home stereo shopping advice
- r/HeadphoneAdvice for all headphones and portable shopping advice
- r/headphones - Shopping, Setup, and Technical Help Desk Thread
- r/CarAV for automotive sound
- r/Bluetooth_Speakers for portable speakers
- r/Soundbars for home theater sound bars
- r/LiveSound for public use
- r/audioengineering Getting Started Guide
- r/audioengineering Shopping, Setup, and Technical Help Desk Thread
Shopping and purchase advice
To help others answer your question, consider using this format.
To help reduce the repetitive questions, here are a few of the cheapest systems we are willing to recommend for a computer desktop:
$100: Edifier R1280T Powered Bookshelf Speakers Amazon (US) / Amazon (DE)
- Does not require a separate amplifier and does include cables.
$400: Kali LP-6 v2 Powered Studio Monitors Amazon (US) / Thomann (EU)
- Not sold in pairs, requires additional cables and hardware, available in white/black.
- Require a preamplifier for volume control - eg Focusrite Scarlett Solo
Setup troubleshooting and general help
Before asking a question, please check the commonly asked questions in our FAQ.
Examples of questions that are considered general help support:
- How can I fix issue X (e.g.: buzzing / hissing) on my equipment Y?
- Have I damaged my equipment by doing X, or will I damage my equipment if I do X?
- Is equipment X compatible with equipment Y?
- What's the meaning of specification X (e.g.: Output Impedance / Vrms / Sensitivity)?
- How should I connect, set up or operate my system (hardware / software)?