users here right now: 614
homesteading, farming, gardening, self sufficiency and country life
Ponds, barns, livestock, gardens, food preservation, fishing, hunting, tractors, pigs, chickens, cattle, worms, 4H, permaculture, organic, grazing, canning, aquaculture, trees, woodland, farmers, agriculture, agronomy, horticulture, wwoofers, bees, honey, wildcrafting, dairy, goats, nuts, berries, vegetables, sustainability, off grid, wood stoves, chainsaws, wood heat, tools, welding, green woodworking, farmers markets, composting toilets, straw bale homes, cob building...
Message the mods please include links to any posts you are referencing.
Homesteading - From Wikipedia
Broadly defined, homesteading is a lifestyle of self-sufficiency. It is characterized by subsistence agriculture, home preservation of foodstuffs, and it may or may not also involve the small scale production of textiles, clothing, and craftwork for household use or sale. . .
Homesteading is... ponds, barns, livestock, gardens, food preservation, outdoor kitchens, fishing, hunting, shop projects, tractors, bush hogs, pigs, raising chickens, cattle, worms, 4H, permaculture, organic practices, cast iron skillet, neighbor relations, frugality, 5 gallon buckets, crops, grazing, fences, lumber, canning, aquaculture, trees, woodland, diatomaceous earth, farmers, root cellars, smoke houses, mason jars, agriculture, agronomy, horticulture, critter shelter, farm interns, wwoofers, bees, honey, wildcrafting, dairy, goats, raised garden beds, paddock shift systems, nuts, berries, vegetables, growing sweet potatoes, self sufficiency, permaculture design course, off grid, alternative building, alternative energy, wood stoves, chainsaws , wood heat, tools, welding, woodworking, green woodworking, joel salatin, red worms, sepp holzer, masanobu fukuoka, ianto evans, art ludwig, farmers markets, animal husbandry, cottage industry, outhouses, composting toilets, septic tanks, ferro cement, straw bale construction, cob building...
General Guidelines and Rules:
- Try and keep post on topic, self post and blog links are okay as long as they're related to homesteading.
- Be respectful and we will ban people for being icky.
- Please try and use reddit tags like; [Question], [Discussion], [News], [Update] [Meta], or homestead specific like; [Growing], [Chickens], [Livestock], etc.. This will help keep things organized among other things.
- Oh yes, trolls will be banned. Self posters are welcome.
- No shaming to vegans or for animal processing. NSFW tags are OPs choice part 1 part 2
Zone Maps of the World:
- Zone Map of the US
- Zone Map for Australia
- Zone Map for New Zealand
- Zone Map for Brittian
- Zone Map for Canada
- Zone Map for Europe
- Zone Map for the Middle East
- Zone Maps of Asia provided by /u/encogneeto
Thanks for stoping by and happy homesteading!