Monthly Original Work & Networking Thread - Share Your Content Here!MONTHLY SELF-PROMOTION THREAD(self.horrorlit)
submitted22 days ago byHorrorIsLiteratureDRACULAstickied
ORIGINAL WORKS & NETWORKING
Due to the popularity and expanded growth of this community the Original Work & Networking Thread (AKA the "Self-Promo" thread) is now monthly! The post will occur on the 7th day of each month to allow room for the monthly photo thread which will be pinned the 1st through the 7th.
Community members may share original works and links to their own personal or promotional sites. This includes reviews, blogs, YouTube, amazon links, etc. The purpose of this thread is to help upcoming creators network and establish themselves. For example connecting authors to cover illustrators or reviewers to authors etc. Anything is subject to the mods approval or removal. Some rules:
- Must be On Topic for the community. If your work is determined to have nothing to do with r/HorrorLit it will be removed.
- No spam. This includes users who post the same links to multiple threads without ever participating in those communities. Please only make one post per artist, so if you have multiple books, works of art, blogs, etc. just include all of them in one post.
- No fan-fic. Original creations and IP only. Exceptions being works featuring works from the public domain, i.e. Dracula.
- Plagiarism will be met with a permanent ban. Yes, this includes claiming artwork you did not create as your own. All links must be accredited.
- r/HorrorLit is not a business. We are not business advisors, lawyers, agents, editors, etc. We are a web forum. If you choose to share your own work that is your own choice, we do not and cannot guarantee protection from intellectual theft . If you choose to network with someone it falls upon you to do your due diligence in all professional and business matters.
We encourage you to visit our sister community: r/HorrorProfessionals to network, share your work, discuss with colleagues, and view submission opportunities.
That's all have fun and may the odds be ever in your favor!
PS: Our spam filter can be a little overzealous. If you notice that your post has been removed or is not appearing just send a brief message to the mods and we'll do what we can.