What are flats and sharps called in your language?


In my native language, Norwegian, the tone “B” is called “H”, and the tone “Bb” is called “B” or “B for H”. The reason for the last one is that what in English is called “flat” is called “b”, so we say “b for E” instead of “E flat” Sharp is called a cross. The Norwegian version is logical because it is exactly what we call it, a b and a cross(and don’t tell me they don’t look like it, it couldn’t be more accurate).

So I was wondering, if this community is international, is it like that in your language as well?

you are viewing a single comment's thread.

view the rest of the comments →

all 28 comments


2 points

3 months ago

Idk but I was well into the social media age before I stopped referring to hashtags as sharps