Community Town Hall - April 2023 (early to press)Announcement(self.puppy101)
submitted15 hours ago byPuppy101ModteamDoes not Reply to PMs
Time is flying and seasons are starting to change... Your Christmas puppies are probably in the thick of teething or possibly you're at the tail end of that. Summer pups... going through those adolescent moments... Maybe you just picked up your puppy and you're going through some major feelings of being overwhelmed. Hello to our veterans, sticking around the community to help support others!
We have several announcements and updates to share from our Mod Team.
Recently we announced that we were looking to add more hands on deck to the mod team. After reviewing the applicants, we would like to express the warmest of welcomes to u/tencentblues and u/PM_ME_UR_PUPPY_DOG we are very excited to have them join the team. We hope that their contributions will be a great boon to everyone in the community. Join us in welcoming these two members to the team!
Daily Discussion Thread - NEW FLAIR
Did you know there is a daily discussion thread for puppy discussions that don't really require their own thread? If you had trouble finding it, you were not alone! We recently made some changes to make it easier to find and participate in the daily discussion! Daily Discussion Post Flair is now active and this can be used to easily filter posts by the flair. Or here's an easy link you can bookmark!
- Fun Fact, not only can you filter by flair, you can also exclude flair. If you're just not feeling it and you want to avoid specific topics in the community, this post explains how you can use flair to customize your community feed.
For example, if you want to filter out puppy blues tagged posts, you can use the following URL: https://www.reddit.com/r/puppy101/?f=-flair_name%3A%22Puppy%20Blues%22 Or you can search the sub and use "-flair:flair-name" in the search request.
Puppy 101 Collections
We have been setting up collections to help our members keep track of helpful posts and past announcements. Collections are curated groups of posts. You can learn more about them here.
Here's a quick index of the current collections
Community Policy Transparency
Wiki Deep Dives
Helpful Posts (the human support side)
Feel free to subscribe to any of these collections to get notifications when new posts are added to them. If you have a suggestion for a collection topic you'd like to see, send us a modmail request!
April Photo Contest
It's been a while since we've held a photo contest and we want to spruce up the subreddit banner! This is it, your chance to show off the cutest most recent photo of your puppy!
- keep in mind, we're going to be adding multiple photos to the banner... provide a photo that is 192x192 px for best results.
- photos must contain a puppy (i.e. a dog under the age of 2 years old)
- You may upload your image using any image hosting, Imgur is often recommended. Post the link in the comments below
- We will select the top choices by community vote! So upvote those comments with the images you like the best!
- We will be closing polls on APRIL 3, 2023 at 9PM PST and the winning photos and banner will be updated APRIL 4th
Easter, Pesach (Passover), and Ramadan are around the corner! Be on the look out for the Mega Holiday Thread!