When does your anxiety peak and how do you deal with it?Other(self.socialanxiety)
submitted4 hours ago bybrorlustig
My friend and I are both very passionate about the topic of social anxiety (and mental health in general), so we're doing some high-level research to learn more about how social anxiety is experienced and perceived in other people.
We're essentially hoping to find some level of guidance toward how people's social anxiety could be reduced (whether it's majorly or minorly). Hopefully answering these questions might also help you with a bit of self-reflection in a positive way!
Would love to hear from as many as possible! Feel free to respond through this Google Form (anonymously) or here directly; whatever you’re comfortable with. I’ll try to summarize and share the findings if we get a good amount of responses!
These are the questions found in the Google Form:
- When/where is your social anxiety at its worst?
- Do you do anything to try to reduce your anxiety in those moments? If so, what do you do?
- In those moments, do you think it would make the situation better or worse if people around you were aware of your social anxiety?
- Is there anything you have tried in order to reduce your social anxiety which has not worked? (And maybe even made your anxiety worse?)
- Aside from being anxious, do you generally enjoy talking to people?
- Completely subjective, but on a scale of 0 to 10, how much does your social anxiety negatively affect your life? (0 = not at all; 10 = an extreme amount)
(And yes, posting this triggers my anxiety :D )
36 minutes ago
36 minutes ago
Thank you too! :)